It stands out for its beaches, of high environmental value, and for the Port Aventura and Aquópolis amusement parks.
The municipality of Vila-seca is divided into two population centers, on the one hand the old town, which is called with the same name, and on the other hand Pineda Platja, which is the seafront. Vila-seca has the seal of quality as a Family Tourism Destination, thanks to its wide range of restaurants, shops and quality services adapted to receive families.
Its beaches, of high environmental value, the Port Aventura, Aquópolis and Dolphinarium amusement parks, the only one on the entire Costa Dorada, Aquum Spa & Club, a relaxation space with innovative aquatic therapies, and the Olzina Center family leisure center stand out. , with 10 cinemas, bowling alleys, and a wide range of shops and restaurants.
Vila-seca also offers numerous walking and hiking routes, to be done by bike or on foot, such as the Raval del Mar, the Paseo Marítimo, the Avenida del Alcalde Pere Molas, the old Cambrils road, or the Camino de los Muertos. La Pineda and Vila-seca are in a perfect location for receiving tourists, on the Costa Dorada, 9 km from Reus airport, 12 km from Tarragona, and just 100 km from Barcelona.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Casco Antiguo (Old Quarter). Walking through the historical caco you can see different historical buildings, such as the Portal de Sant Antoni, the Vila-seca Castle, the Celler de la Cooperativa, or the medieval towers.
- Sculptural Group «Pineda».Sculpture located on the seafront, the work of the renowned designer Javier Mariscal. It measures 24 meters, and is made up of eight metallic steel and copper pines, which symbolize sustainability, projection and urban planning of large spaces.
- Sculptural Group "Marca d'Aigua". It is located in the south of the Pineda beach, it is the work of the sculptor Sergi Aguilar, and it is dedicated to the writer Carlos Barral. The sculpture is made up of four columns that symbolize the cardinal points, and evoke the sea, the wind, the land and the roads.
- Pinar del Perruquet Park. Natural space to enjoy the landscape and leisure, inspired by the main elements of nature: wind, light, shadow, land and water.
- The Sèquia Major. It is a natural space protected by the Plan for Areas of Natural Interest of Catalonia since 1992. It is a wet area located in La Pineda, which preserves a sample of the vegetation and fauna typical of the Mediterranean coast. There are free guided tours.
- Torre d'en Dolça ParkIt is located halfway between Vila-Seca and La Pineda, and owes its name to the XNUMXth century tower located in the middle of the park. Formerly the agricultural activity dedicated to Mediterranean crops was developed. It was also a place where natural stone was extracted for the construction of cathedrals, cooperatives and Catalan modernist buildings.
Municipal Tourist Board of Vila-seca - http://lapinedaplatja.info
Information and Tourism Office Tel. 977 390 362